6 Products that Motivate Employees to Return to Work Safely
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed our world and normal routines in more ways than one, especially for businesses with open office plans and in-person shopping experiences. As cities slowly ease restrictions on reopening, many businesses are making crucial decisions about how to return to their normal day today, and more importantly, how to safely bring employees and customers back through their doors.
A national poll conducted in April 2020 by Eagle Hill Consulting cited 54% of U.S. employees say they are worried about exposure to COVID-19 at their job. Employees indicated that several factors would make them feel safe going back to work, including the availability of protective protections like masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer (58%).
Following CDC guidelines is an important first step, but welcoming workers back through the doors may take additional measures to ensure their comfort and safety.
Our team has compiled a list of essential sanitation items to provide employees, to help them feel more at ease returning to the office while helping them safely assist customers who enter.
- The basics: The most practical (and appreciated) return-to-work item is necessary protective equipment. Masks, gloves, and hand wipes are in high demand and will be very important to assure employees that they are returning to a safe and healthy environment.
- Proper signage: Use signage to help guide foot traffic and keep employees and customers safely spaced with “Stay Safe” floor decals.
- Health shields: If your office has an open floor plan, or if employees are engaging with customers face to face, health guard plastic shields can add a barrier of protection against germs.
- Touchless keys: Opening doors, touching keys, and everyday contact with surfaces can expose employees and customers to germs. Ensure that surface exposure is reduced through contact with touchless keys.
- Antimicrobial office supplies: Stock supply closets with antimicrobial pens and mousepads, which suppress the growth of bacteria, algae, fungus, mold, and mildew. Also, a fun way to personalize and welcome employees back to the office by customizing with your company logo!
- Don’t forget to keep it fun with a Welcome Back t-shirt: A nice gesture to welcome back employees if you’ve missed them – Provide a Welcome Back t-shirt! Encourage and motivate employees with this casual and comfortable gift.
It’s important to remember that slowing the spread while easing back into normal routines is possible if done with safety and distancing in mind. Happy reopening!
SOURCE: Eagle Hill Consulting